Tuesday, April 20, 2010

   It is definitely Spring and I love Azalea time!
My April sewing retreat was this past weekend . . . ah what a wonderfully relaxing time was had by all. I saw these beauties right in the back yard of our retreat house. I was on my way out to take a short walk after dinner. You see the meals at these retreats are scrumptious! So, between the sewing and bonding, the meals and snacks . . .  and the massages . . . well you get the picture! Lots of fun!



          
        
Our projects this time were: The Funked Out Peasant Blouse & The Stella Skirt both by Lila Tueller. We also had a jacket project, The One Button Topper by Indygo Junction, as well as a little travel bag, the Boxie Bag.

I am learning how to post a slideshow of all of our retreats. As soon as it is ready, I will put it on my blog for all to enjoy.

So, what is the next big event that is "just around the corner"? 
Martha's Sewing Market!!!
This year I will be teaching on of the pre-day Sit & Sew classes: BOUTIQUE CHIC!!! 
I am thrilled to be able to have a class that will be ALL DAY! It is always so much fun to teach a project from beginning to end. We are going to be making a precious little peasant style dress which will give us the perfect opportunity to shirr, make beautiful ruffles as well as learn how to combine fabrics and trims to get a "boutique" look! I am also teaching four seminars for the market. So, obviously I have a lot to do to get ready for the convention! Not to mention all of the new summer kits that I am busy designing already. Ah, so today I divided my time between my sewing room ~ straightening it up so it will be ready for intensive sewing ~ and my studio ~ where I have been sketching new kits! I'll keep my camera nearby.


No comments:

Post a Comment