Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm back from a Quilt Show and . . . off to our April Retreat!

               This past weekend Sew It Up exhibited at the Bear Creek Quilt Guild's Show in downtown Ft. Worth. Since all of my helpers are members of the guild (& one even won a beautiful 2nd place ribbon!),  I only attended on Sunday as I was the one left "at home to tend the store." It was actually really nice to run the shop all by myself! I rearranged, straightened and talked to lots of wonderful customers that I don't often get to see. If you have not been in the shop in a while, maybe you should stop in for a look - we have had lots of new fabrics (new cottons from Riley Blake arrived just today!)  as well as all of the newest kits up on display. It really looks nice!

                This week I am busy getting ready for our April Sewing Retreat: sewing up the projects, scheduling the Saturday massages & choosing the menu. Ah, what a job! This retreat is for "Sewing for Yourself".  Our projects will be: The Funked Out Peasant Blouse and The Stella Skirt both by Lila Tueller and the One Button Topper by Indygo Junction. Also, there will be a surprise bag project. So, I have been sewing this week! Yeah! Of course, with all of this sewing, there will be new kits. . .

I'll report after the weekend! . . . with lots of pictures. 
The next retreat isn't until September (Sewing for Children) and it is nearly sold out already!

And, speaking of Sewing for Children
have you had a chance to check out my Sit 'n Sew for the Martha Pullen Show
 ~ which is next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment