Monday, October 12, 2009

On the way to the Houston Quilt Festival!




 I have arrived in Houston for the Houston Quilt Market !

          We loaded the truck on Saturday evening. Hooray, what a feeling to have that done! I left at dawn on Sunday and it rained the whole way to Houston. ~As you can see from my photo above the skyscrapers are doing just that.

 
But I finally made it to the Houston Convention Center.  Sure I was tired, but what can I say.  . . When you get to see all of the NEW fabrics for Spring from Michael Miller, Robert Kaufman, Moda,  Free Sprit ~ just to mention a few ~ you certainly perk up!  I spent several hours at the Market placing orders for fabrics & trims and searching for new pattern designers. Oh my, wait til you see what I  found! I'll keep everyone posted regarding new arrivals.

I visited with some of my favorite pattern designers; the ladies from Indygo Junction, Patty Young with Modkid Designs, Sandi Henderson of Portabellapixie patterns, Chelsea Anderson of Pink Fig Patterns, Susan Huberty of Sew Baby and Jackie Clark. That's Chelsea in the photo! She was so sweet and it was thrilling to see her new samples as well as her booth. She is a beautiful,  incredibly creative young woman! I took pictures of her booth as well as Patty Young's for all of you.


Isn't this booth adorable! 
This is Patty Young's Modkid Sewing Patterns.
All of her samples are made from her own fabric  line that she designs for Michael Miller Fabrics.

                             And, here is the Pink Fig booth! Awesome! Her samples were precious! She paid me a very nice compliment regarding my fabric combinations, trims, etc that I have chosen for her patterns when I sew up a kit. She always does put my new kit pictures on her flicker album.
And, let me share with everyone a fairly new designer: Katie Cupcake. Here is her cute booth. 

Yes, I did order all of hers!
But, there are others.
I'll let you know as soon as we get them stocked.

My coworkers will be arriving tomorrow with another "truck load". We will be at the convention center by afternoon setting up our two booths for the Quilt Festival. That is, if it is not storming!


4 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike! I started a blog and just today made another post and YOU might want to check it out! www.lalabymona.blogspot.com

    You're blog looks great! Have fun in Houston and I will be seeing you very soon!!

    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you Lorene! and jealous you got to go meet all those wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a dedicated fan of sew-it-up and as always will look for you at the quilt show - I won't get there till sunday this year, but the anticipation is half the fun, right!?!!?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see you at the Quilt show. My quilt posse is leaving the Big D tomorrow morning. Fabric or BUST! ;-)

    ReplyDelete