Tuesday, November 17, 2009

In honor of Pink Fig Patterns

I am back from our final sewing RETREAT of the year~ it was another smashing success! Boy, did we all have fun. Someone said in their retreat review that "20 hours a day of sewing was just not enough!"  In reality not ALL of us sewed that many hours, but there were a few . . . . I will post pictures and more details later this week.
          
              As I was making up this NEW kit (above)  I wondered ~ as usual ~ what its name would be . . .   The colors for this little kit are most unusual. I would describe the combination as "funky sophisticate"! All of the fabrics are from a new collection called "Basic Grey" by Moda Fabrics. The sleeves and the skirt are done in the richest deep plum while being set off by a bright pastel pink and a very different green. The green is  the color of the center of an avocado,  not lime. I finished all of the edges with a rolled hem which really speeds up the construction. Once it was done,  jeans and even a ribbon rose corsage, the first name that came to me was Chelsea! How appropriate since the pattern, "Mia",  was designed by Chelsea Anderson of PINK FIG patterns. I hope that she likes it too!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Lorene, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I had fun! I'm ready for the next one, too. Thank you so much for your help and guidance! I love the new "Chelsea" kit. Let me tell everyone - this picture doesn't do it justice. It is just beautiful. May have to come over and grab one for myself!

    Details of my giveaway have been posted, so please come on over and visit me at lalabymona.blogspot.com!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Mona

    ReplyDelete