Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall Quilt Market in Houston!



Westminister Fabric Booth
     I am in Houston now and attending the Houston Fall Quilt Market! Next week will be the International Quilt Festival, where we will have two booths ourselves to show off all of our new kits and goodies!  Yesterday was the first day and, as always, it is huge, overwhelming and wonderful! All of the fabric manufacturers are here, with their designers, showing off their fabulous new lines! To the left here is the Westminster group of booths; they are Rowan and Free Spirit Fabrics. Surrounding their space are all of their designers in their own specially decorated booths.

Here are a few pictures of some of them! The first two are from Amy Butler's new collection: Alchemy.





Tula Pink's new Salt Air
 
Here's Tula!

Anna Maria Horner's new Field Study
               
That's Anna Maria in the long skirt!

                   It is thrilling to meet all of these wonderful designers and see their new lines made up in their own choices of patterns and fabrics. I even had lunch with Deb Strain who designs for Moda yesterday. Ah, so many new ideas!

Liberty of London!

                           This was probably the booth that I got the most excited over though. Liberty of London has a new line of cottons for quilters that is gorgeous! I did order a nice group of them, but they will not be in the shop until March:(  But, I promise you that they will be definitely worth the wait!!!

                                    I should have taken a lot more pictures, but I will leave you with one more of my friend Julie Creus who is the designer for La Todera patterns. I love her flowers! She is fabulous!

La Todera's booth

Well, I am off now for more Market - I have another class this evening, so another long FUN day!

2 comments:

  1. I have my tickets for the festival and hope to take in some classes. Have fun in H-Town and hope to see ya there. Judith, Texas

    ReplyDelete