Saturday, July 26, 2014

My Colorado Quilting Journey!


          Even though it may seem like I am still in Texas managing the shop and writing all of the store emails, I have really been in Colorado for nearly three weeks. I have been spending quality time with my hubby:) This is where I come to renew and regenerate . . .  and cook! Well, that is only one of my pastimes. I also do a lot of hand embroidery, knitting and sewing. This trip I have been practicing my quilting skills in particular. I have pieced one and started another. 

I chose both quilt patterns from issues of Modern Quilt Studio. The first is "Making Waves" from issue #3 and the second, "Fade Away" is from issue #5. I have learned so much! And, had so much fun along the way. That is one of the most wonderful things about sewing; it is the process, the journey. The final outcome is also quite exhilarating, but for me it is the always the actual step by step process.

Making Waves: Pieced, Pinned and ready to machine quilt!
The Top Third of Fade Away
The Bottom Third of Fade Away; now for the middle!

Now back to Colorado! I thought that I would post just a few pictures of one of my favorite places on the planet!
Our Cabin 
Downtown Riverside
Aspen in front of the cabin.
Wildflowers Everywhere!
And Wild Roses too - my favorite.

Tomorrow is our last day here before we begin our drive back to Texas.
I will be back in the shop on Wednesday trying to catch up!
Next Saturday I will be teaching "Sewing with Knits"!



Going home:(

No comments:

Post a Comment