Tuesday, February 8, 2011

If it snows, I'll sew!

       

           Yes, we have snow in the forecast AGAIN! I can't believe that we are actually experiencing a real  "winter" here in Texas. Last week the shop was closed until Saturday due to ice and snow. That's not good for business. But, boy did I get a lot of sewing done! 


                 Everyone at Sew It Up has been working on lots of new kits for Spring. We try to post the new photos on the website every few days.  I'll be leaving in three weeks to go to three different sewing expos, so, naturally we need new goodies. It makes my head spin how much we have going on right now. But, here is one interesting observation. The more I design, the more I sew and the more ideas that come to me. I have a notebook that I carry with me everywhere.  In this notebook, I write down my ideas, sketch up my "visions",  and jot down "to do" lists each day. The only problem is that each item that I cross off this list, I add two more! So, I feel that I'll never get everything done. It's a delicate balance  of knowing when to stop and when you have enough . . . . and knowing when to rest. That last one is the hardest one for me. But, maybe it will snow again tomorrow and I will "rest" in my sewing room!

No comments:

Post a Comment